Welcome! Thank you for connecting with us each month. Feel free to share with your friends!
Our Latest News
Prayerwork Studio is 7 Years Old!
Seriously. Who would have believed this? It was seven years ago this week that I was leaving a restaurant in Maggie Valley, NC when I heard a voice say, “You need to make rosaries.” And from that quirky start Prayerworks Studio was born. Now, I’m on the verge of going full-time with this ministry and business. It’s crazy and glorious all at once.
I can’t even begin to describe what this journey has meant to me, but I’ll do my best. It’s meant listening to a quirky voice and trusting that it was from God. It’s meant trusting God as I tried to make sense of this calling, learned how to make prayer beads, and gathered the courage to share them with my fellow Protestants. It’s led to a new career path involving writing, speaking, and leading retreats – endeavors that make my heart skip a beat. It’s led to profound and extravagant healing and a new understanding of God’s deep love for me and others. It’s led to the most glorious testimonies from y’all about the difference praying with beads has made in your life and relationship with God. It’s meant all that, and so much more. It’s exactly the life I would have wanted for myself, and yet not at all the one I would have come up with on my own.
And so we celebrate what God has done over the past seven years.
You know how much I love the number seven. As I’ve shared in my books and retreats, seven represents spiritual completion or perfection. That’s why it’s all over the Bible: 7 days of Creation, 7 colors of the rainbow, Jesus makes 7 “I Am” statements, he performs 7 miracles on the Sabbath, and, of course, there are myriad references (at least 54) to the number 7 in Revelation. This is why we love ourProtestant prayer beads, which are made up of four sets of seven beads. So while every anniversary has significance, this seventh anniversary is particularly sweet for me.
Thus, you should not be surprised that we are celebrating this anniversary with lots of sevens, all of it focused on sharing this milestone with you:
- A sale! Through August 7th, place an order in our Etsy shop and receive $7 off! Just use discount code MAGNIFICENT7 at checkout.
- Top 7 lists! For the next seven days I’ll be posting various Top 7 lists to celebrate our anniversary. Check back daily to see my Top 7 Lessons I’ve Learned, my picks for the Top 7 Prayer Bead Designs, and more.
- A photo essay! Prayerworks Studio has been – first and foremost – a journey of faith for me, so I’ll be sharing photos representing my journey. What are the top 7 moments in your faith journey so far? What do they look like? Capture them in words or pictures and share with us on Instagram orFacebook. Use #7journey so we’ll catch them.
- A giveaway! We will be giving away our Days of Creation Strands to 7 lucky folks. To qualify, participate in the “Top 7 Moments of My Faith Journey” photo essay listed above. Do this by next Sunday, August 7th and you’ll be entered into the drawing!
- A devotion! In honor of our 7th anniversary, I’ve written a new prayer bead devotion focused on trusting in God. I pray it will bless you in your faith journey. You’ll find it here.
- A MAJOR announcement! We have something really BIG brewing and we can’t wait to share it with you. Tune in next Tuesday (that’s seven days from now) to read all about it.
- Our deepest love and gratitude! Really. You have played a significant role in this journey, receiving the idea of praying with beads; sharing your own experiences, testimonies, and prayer bead photos; providing input into our bead designs, books, and retreats; helping to make General Conference 2016 prayer strands; and offering signs and God’s deep love. We are profoundly grateful, and look forward to continuing this faith journey with you.
Grace and peace,
Kristen and the Prayerworks Studio family
How We’re Celebrating 7 Years
A Sale! Everything in our Etsy shop is 25% off! Use discount code #magnificent7 at checkout.
A Photo Essay: Each day I’ll be posting photos representing 7 moments in my overall faith journey. I’ll also post my top 7 prayer bead designs, and other fun things as well.
A Giveaway! We’re giving away 7 of our Creation Strands. To be eligible, participate in our “7 Moments in My Faith Journey” photo project on Instagram or Facebook (#7journey). Winners will be chosen at random.
Blog: Over the next seven days I’ll be sharing my top 7 favorite moments of my prayer bead journey. Check in daily to see each post.
A Devotion! I’ve written the devotion below in honor of our 7th anniversary. May it help you in your own faith journey.
A MAJOR Announcement! Check back here next Tuesday, August 2nd, for the big reveal.
Our Deepest Gratitude! You have played a significant role in our journey. We are profoundly grateful!
New in the Studio
We’re so excited to offer holding crosses in the Studio again! These were so popular when we had them a few years ago.
Unlike traditional crosses, holding crosses are not exactly perpendicular. Instead, they are slightly curved to fit the contours of your palm. They are designed to be held – even clutched – in your hand, making a wonderful prayer tool.
The bonus about these holding crosses is they are made of olive wood from the Holy Land!
. . .
PRAYING: Trusting God in Our Faith Journey
Prayer Bead Devotion
This week marks the seventh anniversary of Prayerworks Studio, and as I shared, this ministry has been – first and foremost – a journey of faith for me. To mark the occasion, I offer this devotion that invites us to trust in the God who is always calling us to a journey of deep love.
Cross: Faithful God,
Invitatory Bead: you continually call us to journey towards you in faith
Resurrection Bead: with your Son, Jesus Christ.
First Cruciform Bead: Your call may come at expected or unexpected times and places. Help me to pay attention and listen for the ways in which you are calling me.
Week Beads, Set 1: Use each bead to pay attention and listen for the ways in which God is calling you to go deeper in your journey of faith.
Second Cruciform Bead: Your call may seem impossible, beyond my abilities or comfort level. Help me to trust you and walk forward in courage.
Week Beads, Set 2: Use each bead to practice trusting God and praying for the courage to step out in faith.
Third Cruciform Bead: You call me to walk boldly towards you, using the full measure of my gifts, time, and other resources. Help me to live boldly into your call, holding nothing back.
Week Beads, Set 3: Use each bead to consider the gifts God has given you to use and share in your faith journey.
Fourth Cruciform Bead: May my journey of faith be about moving closer to you, loving you more deeply, and – above all – bringing you glory.
Week Beads, Set 4: Use each bead to maintain focus on God, so that your journey is devoted to bringing glory to God.
Resurrection Bead: In the name of your Son, Jesus Christ,
Invitatory Bead: who walks with me every step of the way.
Kristen’s Favorite Things
I love candles. I have several in my studio that I light for prayer time and while I’m working. That’s why I was so thrilled when I discovered Yo Soy Candles. Why? First, the name is fun. Obviously, these are soy candles. But also, “Yo Soy” means “I am” in Spanish. Leslie, the company’s owner, designed the candles to be affirmations. Thus, each candle has a different name such as “I Am Growing,” “I Am Love,” or “I Am Grateful.” I KNOW! Isn’t that fabulous?!?
I have “I Am Enough” on my work table. I love it’s connection with Brené Brown, whose books talk about how each of is enough just as we are. Every time I light it I am reminded that I am enough, just as God made me. I love it.
According to the website, the candles are made in small batched with botanical blended oils. Each fragrance is yummy! Enjoy and be affirmed!